My Health
- My protein levels are almost back to normal, as of this week. (Normal ratio is under .02, mine is at .04)
- My hemoglobin is almost back to normal, as well. (Normal is above 12, mine is 11.9)
- I am off my blood pressure meds, hopefully for good. My pressures have been pretty good the last few days. Last night I even had 117/76... yippee!
- Overall, health-wise, I am practically back to "normal." I still get tired more easily than normal, but I can tell my energy levels are improving.
- The placenta pathology report revealed that my babies most likely did have TTTS. Asher was the recipient, and Evan was the donor. It's hard to realize that even had I not gotten sick, the babies may not have lived. But it is also kind of confirming that the doctors were right to want me to deliver ASAP (i.e. not to wait until I got more sick)
- Also, the placenta was above the 90th percentile for size... this possibly contributed toward my developing preeclampsia. (In my head I pretty much blame everything on the placenta)
- I don't have any of the underlying conditions that may have led to pre-e (although I plan to get tested for more stuff, just to be sure)
- I officially had HELLP and pre-e.
- My chances of developing pre-e next time are "high." My official answers from doctors have been "60%," "30%," and "high." However, it will not be my first pregnancy, and I most likely will not have twins, so that will lower the risk. Really, no one knows anything.
- From what I've read, although my chances of getting pre-e again are high, my chances of getting HELLPS again are relatively low.
- We have been told to wait at least 6 months before trying again, medically speaking.
No comments:
Post a Comment