Today I cashed in the spa gift card from J for my birthday, and got a facial. It. Was. Fabulous. Something about the complete luxury and frivolousness of it makes me feel sooo good. My face is nice and glowing now, and I got a face, neck, arm, and shoulder massage on top of it. Wonderful.
I've noticed that physical comforts are really my "thing" lately. In the last week I've gotten a haircut, a mani and pedi, and a facial. Physical touch, and being physically comforted/comfortable, seems to soothe me. I've even noticed that with J—I need more physical affection from him than usual. I'm sure it's a coping thing... I can't fix how incredibly heartbroken I feel emotionally, so I try to look and feel better physically. I guess it can't hurt—at least I'm taking care of myself. If I go off the deep end and make some kind of down blanket fort, and spend hours putting on lotions and perfumes, it might be time for an intervention.
No comments:
Post a Comment