Wednesday, January 13, 2010

First Post

So, I thought I should start a blog, in case I want to write down any of the bazillion thoughts I have every day. I don't know what, if anything, will come of this. But I have so many emotions and so many things running through my head every single day, I think I need an outlet. It's been really helpful to read blogs by others who have lost babies. So many people echo my feelings, and it's comforting to know that I'm not alone. At the same time, it's weird and kind of sad how many people I've found, once I started looking.

My main thought right now: I don't ever, ever want Asher and Evan to be forgotten. I know that J and I will never forget them, of course. But I am afraid that others will forget... or ignore... or avoid, either to make themselves feel better, or as an attempt to avoid upsetting me. But what would upset me more is if no one remembers, or speaks their names aloud. I want to hear their names. I want people to acknowledge that they were here, that they lived, and that they are my sons. I want them to be honored.

No comments:

Post a Comment