Friday, January 29, 2010

Not All There

My brain is a mess of about a thousand different thoughts at any given time, so it's no wonder I have trouble focusing. Yesterday I made a left turn onto Highway 13 by my house, and instead of turning into the right lane (illegal, but what I meant to do) I turned and drove down the shoulder all the way to the turning lane. And I didn't even realize until I entered said turning lane. What the heck?!?! The guy behind me probably thought I was drunk. Seriously, my mind is so often NOT ALL THERE.

I officially return to work on Monday. I went into the office on Wednesday for a meeting to get updated on our projects. That went fine. It took me a while to get my brain into RLE mode, but once I finally did things went OK.

In addition to focusing my thoughts, I also have trouble forming sentences sometimes. Seriously. Writing this blog is probably good therapy for me, because I could hardly compose an email up until a few weeks ago. And I am by no means eloquent. I hope nobody notices except me, but I feel self-conscious that I stumble over my words more than before. My brain is in a fog most of the time. Probably a combo of grief-brain, mommy-brain, and just being out of normal society for a while. Oh, and hormones. Gah. Here's hoping I don't make a total fool of myself next week, and that I can still do my job with some amount of success.

No comments:

Post a Comment