Thursday, April 29, 2010

Vent

Ugh. Awkward Coworker Conversation #1 just happened.

Today I am wearing a very light, comfy, flowy new shirt. It is really cute, and in that flowy loose style that is very popular, but I haven't always worn a lot of.

Coworker, who is actually really super nice, complimented me on the shirt. I said thanks and we chit-chatted for a minute. And THEN came what I can only assume (giving her the benefit of the doubt) was an uncontrollable running of the mouth where you keep thinking "Stop, stop!" and yet you just KEEP. ON. TALKING.

She went on and on about the merits of this style of shirt, and how it's so forgiving, and you don't have to worry about your gut hanging out, etc. etc. And THEN she went on to say that she wears this type of shirt all the time and her husband always asks her why she's wearing her maternity clothes. I wanted to crawl into a hole.

I pretty much stopped listening at that point. One, I am twenty years younger than you, much thinner, AND currently losing weight, thankyouverymuch. TWO, the last thing I want to talk about right now is pregnancy and pregnancy clothing, especially if you are comparing my current outfit to maternity clothes. Three, talking about feeling fat and trying to cover it up is NEVER a good topic for anyone who has recently given birth. HELLO.

I realize I am overreacting here. But I was totally nice and somewhat normal in the moment, so I have to vent a bit now. Sometimes people should just think before they speak.

I hate how little things like that can just BAM! slap me in the face and make my mood do a 180. I sem to be much more volatile in that way since having the babies. At least I seem to be able to control myself in front of other people, for the most part. Ugh. OK, vent over.

No comments:

Post a Comment