Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter!

But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed. —Isaiah 53:5

It's an absolutely beautiful, sunny day outside. A wonderful day to remember and celebrate the death and resurrection of JESUS my Savior. And as our pastor pointed out this morning, it is not just Jesus who was resurrected to new life, but I am also living a new life because of Him! Because of Jesus, I don't need to fear death, because death is not the end. Death is not the end, and WAS not the end for Asher and Evan. I know my boys are rejoicing today and enjoying a party in Heaven. I miss them terribly. They should be here, in cute little Easter outfits. I selfishly want them here, even know I know they are somewhere far, far better.

How is it possible to feel happy and heartbroken all at the same moment? Such is my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment