(drumroll please)
Today I am wearing my pre-pregnancy jeans for the first time!! Hurrah!
It's been 4 and a half months, and over 2 months of We.ight Watch.ers (I put the dots there because I saw someone else do it, and I think it's so that some unsuspecting person doesn't Google WW and come across my blog by accident), and many weeks of alternating between 2 pairs of jeans EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. I'm lucky that I can wear jeans to work, but WOW I am ready to wear something else! And now that I'm getting smaller I feel like I can FINALLY buy some nice new clothes! Wahoo!
I highly recommend WW, BTW. I will talk it up to anyone who will listen. I've lost 11 pounds so far (goal is 20), and J has lost about the same! I feel like I am taking better care of myself, and learning how to eat properly for the first time in my life. It is a bright spot, and some very necessary structure, in the middle of my crazy life.
It took me a couple of months after the babies were born to feel ready to work on my eating habits. The first month or so I absolutely did not care, whatsoever. I gave myself a lot of space, and purposely saved my energy to just try and survive, without worrying about what was eating. The first month or so I was all about comfort. I think it was mid-February when I finally decided I was ready to start working off the baby weight. There was a shift—from not caring, to the extra weight becoming an added source of grief. I distinctly remember feeling that shift. Another sign that I am healing, moving forward.
This journey may be one step forward, two steps back, but I will take every inch forward that I can get!
No comments:
Post a Comment