Thursday, February 11, 2010

Thankful Thursday

What a difference a good night's sleep can make! I felt so wonderfully rested when I woke up this morning, better than I have felt in days. I don't think I woke up a single time last night...ahhhhh. I am thankful for that.

J and I had a good talk last night. First, about seeing a grief counselor. I think it would be good for us. We are both dealing with so much, I can see it becoming too wearing for us to try and constantly hold each other up. J does a great job of being there for me on tough days, and I hope he can say the same about me... but what about days when we both feel like crap? I hope that it will help ease our burden, and help us process everything. Amazingly, this morning I found a Christian counselor in Apple Valley who specializes in infant/pregnancy loss. That seems like a a rare combination, so I hope she works out for us! I am thankful that God is taking care of us by directing us to a Christian counseling group that is so close to home.

We also talked about birth control. Long story short, I am not comfortable staying on the mini-pill. Since starting it I've done some research, and learned that it may prevent implantation as a contraceptive action. I don't know exactly what I think about when life begins (fertilization vs. implantation), BUT I do know that I have felt very uneasy about taking this pill. I think God is convicting me that we need to try something else, so as soon as I finish this pack we'll be trying out the sponge, in addition to condoms.

From this conversation I learned that J feels the need to use a condom right now, regardless of what else we are using. Mentally, it gives him reassurance that we won't be getting pregnant any time soon. This is a good thing for me to know. More news about birth control as it develops, I'm sure....

Also about this pill: I hate it! I have had my period twice in the past month, and had some random bleeding today. I am praying that I don't have any bleeding this weekend! We have such a great weekend in Minneapolis planned, and I'm hoping for some quality time. :-)

(I've been thinking for a while about creating Thankful Thursdays on my blog. I know that not every Thursday will be a good day, but the hope is that I can find at least one thing to be grateful for each week. Today worked out well for that, coincidentally. And I am thankful for that, too.)

No comments:

Post a Comment