Thursday, February 25, 2010

Friends

I am so thankful for my friends, and the ways they have loved and supported me through this experience. I am also thankful that they keep pursuing me lately while I'm in a decidedly antisocial phase. Melissa calls regularly, just to check in. BJ is so good at knowing what I need at any given moment, whether it's a funny YouTube video, or some heartfelt encouragement. Michelle emailed the other day to see if I want to get together. Michelle, who has a newborn at home, is thinking of me. How humbling that is!

I spent some time with Katie last night, and we mostly chatted about lighter topics, and the cuteness of her new puppy. But as I was leaving, she told me that she really want to hear about my boys sometime, whenever I want. And she told me that she considers them her adopted nephews. Well, of course I lost it completely. It brings me so much comfort and JOY to have others mention my boys, without my bringing it up. I feel so blessed whenever someone tells me that they want to hear about them. I can't even explain how much it means to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment