Throughout this whole terrible experience, I have been so glad that we have our cat. That sounds silly, but he has been a source of levity, comfort, entertainment, and affection to both J and I (although J wouldn't be quite as willing to admit it, I'm sure). Before we got pregnant, there was talk about getting rid of the cat. I certainly didn't want to, but now I am even more glad that we have him around.
When I got home from the hospital, the cat was a wreck. He was unkempt, and easily startled—obviously very stressed out. But he was SO happy to see us. He was a bright spot to come home to. That entire weekend he cuddled in bed with us, so happy to have us both back home. It was somehow comforting to me that, for at least one creature in our lives, the world was absolutely as it should be. It's also been nice to have some bit of activity in a house that suddenly seems too quiet. Mocha provides a little bit of humor and joy, in the midst of our great pain.
No comments:
Post a Comment