We had to put our family dog to sleep this morning. :-(
My mom is in France right now, so I am the “emergency contact,” and they called me right before I left for work. Poor Ursa had a twisted stomach, which apparently is an emergency thing. So it was either really expensive surgery on a 14-year-old dog, or put her to sleep. So I called my sisters, and we all agreed that it was time. She is really old (especially for a standard poodle) and it was bound to happen soon. I tried to call my mom in France (which is the funny part of the story, because I, the one daughter who does not speak French, called the hotel, and managed to say hello and ask the person if she spoke English. Good thing she did, because that was about the extent of my French knowledge!) So anyways. It is sad. And I’m sad for my mom because she would have liked to be there, and it will be really sad to come home and not have a dog to pick up from the kennel. And I’m really really really busy today but I didn’t get in early like I wanted because I was on the phone taking care of all that. And I’m about to switch my mouse to my left hand because my right hand hurts every time I click the mouse. Blahhh.....
No comments:
Post a Comment