Saturday, March 6, 2010

Good Day Sunshine

Today has been a really good day. It's a nice contrast to most weekends, when grief seems to hit harder than during the week. I feel good today—kind of a foreign feeling, but I'll take it.

J and I have spent the whole day together. This morning he worked on freelance while I started a Cuban stew in the crock pot. In the afternoon we went for a nice long walk. Then we did some errands, including finding a thrift store book for me to use for collages. I've had lots of ideas floating around in my head, so I'm glad that some of them can now be realized. We also bought a steam mop (thrill!) which promises to revolutionize the way we clean our floors.

This afternoon we also had a nice rendezvous, which was unexpected and GREAT, and in addition to time spent together last night. That alone would make me one happy girl. :-)

The stew turned out well, and we've just been hanging around the house tonight. J doesn't have to get up early tomorrow, so things feel nice and relaxed. I made my first collage, after the song "Stop and Stare." It feels good to 1) do something creative and 2) express my feelings in a different/artistic way.

That's about it! It may be two steps forward, one step back, but I am so thankful for those tiny steps forward. God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment