Monday, March 8, 2010

Monday, Monday

I've got a case of the Mondays today. My morning got off to a less-than-great start when a friend emailed to announce her pregnancy, then spent two paragraphs complaining about morning sickness/fatigue. Now, I know m/s sucks. BUT. I am not exactly in a place where I want/care to hear about it right now, thankyouverymuch. I'm sure she just didn't think before sending her email, and she's normally a very sensitive person, but the jerk side of me wants to respond with, "Yeah, it must suck to be so nauseous. I remember when I was in the hospital on bed rest, and I barfed right in front of my husband so hard that I peed the bed at the same time. And THEN my babies died. It was rough."

But I will keep that to myself. And try not to be a jerk (which is another topic for another day).

Today, in an effort to feel a bit better, I will write about Weight Watchers! Yes, J and I started WW two weeks ago! I am so proud of us for starting to change our eating habits and take care of ourselves. So far it's gone pretty well, and it works out GREAT that we are on the same "plan."

Our first week was a bit disappointing, because I actually gained a pound, and J stayed the same. But yesterday's weigh-in was much better. We each lost 4 pounds last week, and I lost an inch off my hips and waist! I am so excited. I've never tried to lose weight before, so it's exciting to know that I can actually do it. I'm sure every week won't be as successful, but this is a good start. My goal is to lose 20 pounds. (I can't even believe I have that much to lose, but such is the price of a twin pregnancy.)

I'm sure I'll update as we progress with our WW plan. It feels so good to be treating myself well, and eating more nutritious foods. I hope it makes me healthier in the long run, for myself and for future pregnancies.

No comments:

Post a Comment