This morning I was listening to KS95 as I got ready for work. Today was the start of "Birthday Bucks Thursday," where they call out a birthday at 8:20 and if it's yours and you're the first caller, you get $1000. So of course I was listening, just in case it was mine!
And what birthday did they call? No, not mine. April 18th. Of course. Why wouldn't it be April 18th, the boy's due date? It didn't upset me, but caught me off-guard. There have been several times where little things like that pop up and remind me (not that I ever really forget). It feels like the world stops for a brief moment. I can never decide if I'm upset, or happy, or what. Moments like this seem to stun me, and I am unable to think or act for a few seconds.
The first time I baked after the boys were born, I cracked an egg and it had two yolks.
Last week I worked on a book for a coworker, and the first sentence was "Hi, I'm James. I have a twin brother!"
I just remembered that today is Thankful Thursday... so I guess I am thankful for these little reminders (today, at least—it depends on the day, for sure). I am thankful for the moments when something happens and I am reminded of my boys in a non-sad way. Like if they were here, I would say, "Look, boys! This egg has two yolks! These chickens would have been twins, just like you!"
No comments:
Post a Comment