Wednesday, September 22, 2010

This Ache (ttc)

So far, fall has been kinda rough for me. I am feeling such opposing emotions all the time, and it's wearing me thin.

By now last year we knew it was twins, and all our families knew. I don't know exactly what week I would have been. I am purposely not figuring it out. My grief most often takes the form of a deep ache. So deep that it feels like it's coming from something outside of me, like something is dragging me down to the center of the earth (cue John Mayer's song "Gravity"... maybe that's why I like that song??).

I am at a loss for words on a regular basis. I've lost the ability to precisely describe anything, let alone my emotions.

And at the same time, there is hope of things to come. Hope of the future, and new beginnings, and another try. And while I am incredibly happy to be at this point, I am sad that we have to be. It's the ultimate happy/sad experience.

The last time I spoke to my mom on the phone (just a brief call to check in) we chatted for a bit, and I was distracted because I was at work. Toward the end of the call she said, "Well, anything else exciting going on?" and there was this pause as her words hung in the air. I wonder how much my family wonders when we'll be pregnant again (we're pretty private about our plans IRL). "Nope, just working," I replied. Nothing exciting going on yet. Maybe there will be soon.

P.S. I've been thinking about this blog lately, and am considering going private again. Of course, any babyloss moms that read would be welcome, and anyone else outside of my family/close friends.

3 comments:

  1. I am so sorry that you are having such a hard time right now. It seems like a lot of BLM's are having a rough time this month. Keep your head up and hopefully soon you'll have some excitement (with a little anxiety I am sure).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I left something for you on my blog :)

    http://footprintsonourhearts.blogspot.com/2010/10/one-lovely-blog-award.html

    Sorry you are having a tough time. I have been there and understand. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's the hope that gets us through. Even if it's just a glimmer :)
    Hang in there. xoxo

    ReplyDelete