Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Getting Ahead of Myself... (ttc)

So. I need some advice!

There are many, many things about a future pregnancy that worry me ("worry" being an understatement). But there is one thing that I can't wrap my mind around, can't picture happening. And that is how to announce a new pregnancy at work.

With the twins, I shared the news at our weekly office meeting (I work in a small office of about 15 people). It was like something out of a TV show—women shrieked, jaws dropped, everyone was sublimely excited. Then I added the kicker that it was twins, which just about sent everyone into hysterics. The memory of it still makes me smile.

But I cannot for the life of me think of how I would announce a subsequent (as of yet hypothetical—I tend to get ahead of myself with details like this) pregnancy. If I had it my way I would hide it from the world for nine months, then just show up with the baby once everything (hopefully) turned out OK.

So I'd love any stories or ideas from those who have been there, or hope to be there one day. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment