Thursday, May 27, 2010

Gulp...

We have our tickets and hotel reservations for our Costa Rica trip in July! We got everything arranged over a month ago, and are SO excited.

But, today I went onto a travel website to see what the latest discussions were about CR, and I found a news article that the Are.nal Volcano erupted two days ago, prompting evacuation of the national park!

Our hotel while we're in the Are.nal area is at the foot of this volcano. Like, we can watch the volcanic eruptions from our bed. Awesome, right? But crap, I don't want to get caught in some kind of natural disaster!

So then, I was looking online for more info about this eruption (which they said posed no danger to anyone, but they had evacuated the park just to be safe), and I found out that there was a 6.1 earthquake a few days ago, in the other town we're staying during our trip!

YIKES!

So now I'm trying not to freak out. Deep breaths.... I'm sure it will be fine, right??

No comments:

Post a Comment