Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Definitely A Vent / This is Why People I Know IRL Should Not Read This Blog

Dear lovely friends,

I love you, I really do. And I love your kids. I am happy for you that you just gave birth to twins, and that they are healthy. I am happy for you that you now have three children. Please believe when I say that I wish you only the best.

But friends, really. Really? How many emails do you need to send me about the birth? I have now received no less than FOUR emails from you, either announcing the birth, sending pictures, or telling the whole long birth story. I realize that the majority of the people you are emailing can't get enough, and are happy to read all of this information. But friends, please think before you send me these emails. I am happy to get the birth announcement and pictures. But all these other emails feel like a punch to the gut. I want to feel happy for you and leave it at that. I want to rejoice with you as you rejoice. Each successive email only makes it more difficult for me to do that.*

Love,
I Wish I Didn't Feel This Way

*Disclaimer: I haven't actually been reading all the emails, but I can't help seeing the subject lines. And I am taking a break from Facebook this week. (Lest you think I am a glutton for punishment)

1 comment:

  1. It can be overwhelming sometimes. It is so hard. xx

    ReplyDelete