Well, I went in for a follow-up BP check yesterday, and after an initial high reading my BP went down to 120/76. Yay! I have some serious white-coat hypertension going on, and I think my doctor is on to me. Even though I was only scheduled for an appointment with a nurse, he came in to go over the results of my blood work (which I already knew were normal), probably to buy some time and make me feel better.
I fully embrace my role as a high-maitenence patient. I am fully aware, but I make no excuses. If I have to see the doc every day from now until the baby comes, I will do it (but I'm praying it won't come to that...LOL). I'm lucky to have a doc who works with me, and takes my situation very seriously.
So all that said, things appear to be just fine! Hooray! I am so thankful. Now if I could just calm the H down....
Speaking of calming down, J and I have decided to try Hyp.no.babies for childbirth. I just started the program a couple days ago, and am really enjoying it so far! I have to admit the cynical part of my brain pops in every once in a while ("Special Place??" "Bubble of Peace??" snicker) but I'm working on it. There's a CD track that I listen to every day which is full of positive affirmations about pregnancy, and it really helps me to be calm and positive! My favorite affirmation, "My blood pressure is perfect every day and night." :-D
Itsnt low BP so fantastic :)
ReplyDelete