Friday, July 9, 2010

Vacation!!

It's finally here! The vacation we've been hoping for, dreaming about, and desperately needing for many months is finally here!

We have two weeks off of work. Two weeks! I am just beside myself. I haven't had that much time away from work since college. (Well, unless you count my 6 weeks at home after the boys were born, which I certainly don't. I may have been off from work, but that was anything but a vacation.)

We have felt such a need, such a desire to get away from everything, and we feel so blessed that it is actually coming together for us. This vacation feels like a gift—from God, of course, but also from Asher & Evan. In some ways, this trip would not have happened without them. I hope that doesn't sound weird, because I don't mean it that way! But I like to think of it as a gift from them, a way to help us heal. This trip is not only from them, but because of them, and for them. It is time away to focus, relax, heal, and honor our boys. To soak them in, remember them, and cherish their memories. And also to live again, to feel joy, to live life more fully because of, and in honor of them.

bittersweet.

1 comment:

  1. I understand - we took a trip to Mexico that we wouldn't have taken but for our twins. I cried as we took off from the airport, as it sank in. . . but it really was the most rewarding week of our lives. Best thing we've ever done for ourselves.

    I hope you're rejuvenated as well. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete